The Shropshire Lieutenancy, together with the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership, the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, the Shropshire Federation of Small Businesses, Telford & Wrekin Council and Shropshire Council, is promoting the opportunity to businesses of all sizes across our wonderful County to enter the King’s Awards for Enterprise 2025.
We all want to see national, indeed global, recognition for the absolute best organisations in Shropshire and therefore the Lord-Lieutenant has asked us to work together to promote the benefits of the King’s Awards for Enterprise and to encourage more entries that reflect the breadth and depth of our business community. Applications for the King’s Awards for Enterprise are welcomed from any size of business, if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Why Should I Enter?
of their Brand and increase demand for their products.
amongst employees and increase productivity.
to attract the best talent to their team and board.
to break into new markets.
offers and development interests.
The awards are valid for 5 years and if a business wins, they will be:
- Invited to a royal reception
- Presented the award by the Lord-Lieutenant at their premises
- Allowed to fly the King’s Awards flag at their main offices and use the emblem on marketing materials (packaging, ads, stationery and website)
- Given a Grant of Appointment (and official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
Winning the King’s Awards has elevated the profile of Landau and the work we do on both a local and national scale
Promoting Opportunity Through Social Mobility
Your organisation which can be a business or a non-profit needs to:
- Be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- File its Company Tax returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- Has at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- Demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
How to Enter?
- It’s important to fully read the entry requirements for each category and provide as much information as possible as to why your organisation should be considered into more than one category, but each entry will have to be submitted through each relevant category application form.
- As you would expect, this entry process does take time and will require you to upload considerable amounts of information about your organisation. The King’s Awards for Enterprise team want to read about your organisation and feel the passion you have for the achievements of your staff, products and services.
- We are aware of organisations that will, for a fee, write applications for the King’s Awards for Enterprise (KAE). The advice from the KAE team in London is that it’s not necessary to outsource the submission of an award application; the team want to hear personally from the business about what it has achieved and why they are so special.
- Applications for the King’s Awards for Enterprise 2024 will open in May 2024. The closing date for entries is mid September 2024.
- The winners of the King’s Awards for Enterprise are announced each May.
Need some help with your application?
There is a dedicated team of Deputy Lieutenants based in Shropshire with a wealth of experience and knowledge of the King’s Awards for Enterprise
They can provide advice and guidance and can sense check your application to ensure the key questions have been answered in full. Please get in touch using the contact form or the details below.